We’re firm believers in the Golden Rule, which is why editorial opinions are ours alone and have not been previously reviewed, approved, or endorsed by included advertisers. Editorial content from The Ascent CEX.io Review is separate from The Motley Fool editorial content and is created by a different analyst team. CEX.IO offers over 100 cryptocurrencies, but fewer than half of them are available to U.S. customers.
CEX.IO manages to balance the provision of an exchange platform with advanced services and an interface that is visually appealing, easy-to-use, and accessible to newer crypto investors. Strangely enough, a few of the countries that the website does not allow credit card purchases from include Iceland and Vietnam, which are relatively large markets https://www.tokenexus.com/ for cryptocurrency. As you know the exchange is operational since 2013 and in all these years there is not a single incidence of hacking happened to CEX.IO. This is the major checkpoint for a trader to check before investing his/her money. This type of reliability is not offered by many cryptocurrencies exchanges available in the market.
Currencies & Payment Methods
People who write reviews have ownership to edit or delete them at any time, and they’ll be displayed as long as an account is active. Trading of LINK/USD, LINK/EUR, and LINK/GBP are supported on CEX.IO, and users can withdraw LINK from the platform. CEX.IO allows users to place advanced order types, specifically limit and stop orders. It’s been a while since I last used the app, I downloaded it again today to use it.
- Binance has partnered with Simplex to allow credit card purchases of cryptocurrencies on their site.
- It’s super simple to use and has really helpful support as well as provide you with the ability to trade on a margin, all the buying options, and other great features.
- Day-to-day trading is covered by hot wallets, while the rest is private and offline.
- For clients based in the United States, their USD funds are covered by FDIC insurance, up to a maximum of $250,000 per person.
- CEX.IO has some of the best fees in the industry, both in terms of transactions and deposit/withdrawal fees.
- The Ascent is a Motley Fool service that rates and reviews essential products for your everyday money matters.
This exchange has excellent security practices, and since its launch in 2013, it has never lost any of its customers’ funds. CEX.IO includes tabs for different types of cryptocurrency on its trading platform. One of the biggest complaints users have about CEX.IO is the amount of fees and hidden charges the company has.
What are the fees at CEX.IO?
The amount needed to cover day-to-day trading activities on the platform determines the proportion of how much crypto is held in cold versus hot wallets. This app is all you need since it’s user friendly, swift transactions, timeless deposits and secure wallets. The value of low deposit and withdrawal fees for credit card users is hard to overstate. First you need to make sure that you have some cryptocurrency or fiat (USD, EUR, GBP or RUB) in your account.
By staking your coins, you let them work for you and increase your earnings while they’re sitting in your account. Overall, CEX fees are following industry standard and is not charging extra like many other CEX alternatives. Once you have created an account, the very first thing you need to do is get verified. Here are different tiers offered by CEX, and you can start without verification.
Binance Review 2024: Top features, Fees and Discount
Overall, CEX.io is a safe and reliable option for buying, selling, or trading cryptocurrencies. If you’re looking for low fees, CEX.IO really is the best cryptocurrency exchange for UK investors, although Kraken and Gemini offer similarly competitive charges at maximum 0.26% and 0.35% respectively. Kraken has a wider range of trading options for more advanced investors via its Intermediate and Pro accounts. The marketplace not only offers instant buy/sell transaction options (this only applies to credit and debit card purchases) and crypto trading, but it also provides a CEX.IO Prime platform for businesses.
- Once you have created an account, the very first thing you need to do is get verified.
- The entire process doesn’t take much time, however, the final approval make take days to finalise.
- Buying through Bitstamp with a credit or debit card, Google Pay, Apple Pay, or PayPal will incur a 4% charge, plus any additional fees charged by the card issuer.
- We’re firm believers in the Golden Rule, which is why editorial opinions are ours alone and have not been previously reviewed, approved, or endorsed by included advertisers.
- In some cases (I had a few during an arbitrage), you can incur losses when sending out your funds.
- Low transaction fees mean more trading strategies become viable, and your trades need to work less hard to make a profit.
In some cases (I had a few during an arbitrage), you can incur losses when sending out your funds. I have been a client for several years and never had a problem. Posting the latest news, reviews and analysis to hit the blockchain. The Cex.io team has employees that are based mostly in Europe but with a few in the US, and the majority of employees seem to be currently located in Ukraine.